Investigating the best in Utah Homes.

Friday, March 28, 2014

PAINTED YELLOW SIDE TABLE

 
I am so happy we are emerging from the GRAY of winter. Signs of spring color and warmth are popping up everywhere! Thinking about the happiness spring brings made me think about how we can bring a little happiness into our homes with color, too.
 
When my friend Susannah built her house, she was concerned that she had picked out too much gray. I LOVE the gray and I love even more she made sure her house didn't have the feeling of "boring old gray" at all! She did it by adding pops of color. I adore this cute little side table she refinished in a bright yellow and put it in her living room. It is one of my favorite pieces in her beautiful new house:
 
 

 

There are many easy ways to paint furniture, but this is how Susannah did it:

She lightly sanded away the clear finish by hand to make sure the paint would stick and not flake off. and off the remaining dust. Then, she sprayed on a coat of spray paint primer, let it dry, and applied a couple coats of yellow spray paint. That was it! I love the new life breathed into this vintage old table. Are you brave enough to try a pops of color in your home?



If you are wondering what your current home value is, what homes around you are selling for, or what homes are available, I would love to get that information for you, just let me know!

0 comments

Post a Comment